Carcassonne Superb 18th C. Domain with Mansion and park, 3 gÃ®tes, stables, outbuildings, swimming pool, paddocks on 107ha of grounds, quiet and very private, ideal for horses, tourism, farming ***exceptional property***
Mansion from 1750 and 19th Century
There are 480mÂ² over 2 level, 5 en-suite bedrooms and a suite.
- Large entrance hall with sitting area and beautiful wooden staircase
- to the left a large sitting room 40mÂ² with original floor tiles, fireplace with a wonderful wooden service staircase, opening on the lovely terrace, shaded in the summer and sunny in the winter
- another lounge or sitting room 22mÂ² with beautiful original floor tiles and a marble fireplace, opening as well on 2 exterior sides
- from the entrance to the right, there is a corridor leading to the various following rooms:
- large fully fitted kitchen 27mÂ² barbecue, eating corner, with access to another terrace
- cloak room 7mÂ², with WC
- large dining room 55mÂ² with an impressive fireplace, high ceilings, lovely high windows, having a second independent access through the tower
- besides the kitchen is a pantry, laundry room, small room with a fireplace, large cave with technical installation
nice landing with corridor going to the right and left, deserving 5 en-suite bedrooms and 1 suite:
- bedroom 22mÂ² with fireplace, en-suite bathroom 7.7mÂ², separate WC
- bedroom 15.5mÂ² with en-suite shower room 4mÂ², separate WC
- suite with sitting room 22mÂ² (or can be used as a bedroom too) with a wooden staircase leading to the bedroom 25mÂ² with its bathroom 8mÂ², separate WC, with a sloping roof
- bedroom 19mÂ² with en-suite shower room 5mÂ², separate WC
- bedroom 25mÂ² with en-suite bathroom 11mÂ², separate WC
- tower bedroom 24mÂ² with fireplace, en-suite shower room in the tower, separate WC, a staircase is leading up to a small sitting room at top level of the tower
92mÂ² single story
One large room 32mÂ² with kitchen, dining and lounge area, with fireplace and visible beams, WC 2mÂ², bedroom 17mÂ² with en-suite bathroom 3.5mÂ², bedroom 13mÂ² with en-suite shower room 3mÂ².
GÃ®tes 2, part of the farm building complex
90mÂ² single story
Entrance, large room 46mÂ² with kitchen, dining and lounge area, with fireplace, high ceiling, 3 bedrooms, shower room, WC.
En extension of about 100mÂ² would be possible or to create a separate GÃ®tes.
GÃ®tes 3, part of the farm building complex
This GÃ®te of 77mÂ² needs to be updated, kitchen, dining and lounge, 2 bedrooms, shower room, WC. It could be easily as well extended into a 3 bedroom GÃ®te.
Lovely swimming pool 10m x 5m with large surround, solar shower
Situated at the edge of the park
Water basin for more then 200m3 of water
Farm buildings built in an U-shape
- 200mÂ² wine cave with some concrete tanks and 4 grain silos on the ground floor, 200mÂ² in one large room on the first floor
- Stables 150mÂ²
- Another building with Garage 36mÂ² and stables 150mÂ² used partly for heating system on the ground floor, the whole first floor are just empty large spaces, partly former living space for employees
- Other stables of 100mÂ²
- In total there are 26 boxes in various distinct places. They all have automatic waterers and security doors.
- There are various possibilities to develop further accommodations.
A property with 107ha in one piece in such a beautiful surround is quite unusual. The land is composed as following:
- 2 ha of park and garden (6 redwood, palm, cedar, cypress, old arbutus, 800 years old green oak, ash, white oak, pin sprockets, maritime pine, truffle oak, poplar huge plane trees, rose chestnut etc.)
- 36ha of arable land Â 23ha of grassland, meadows of which 6 hectares are arable Â there are 7 pastures with access to the river which are in paddocks (5 Horses)
- Olive grove 7ha with about 1200 old trees, at the moment under rehabilitation
- 38ha Forests, pine forest, coppice, copse
- 3ha coniferous
- 28ha scrub land
- A river crosses the property at its length of about 2km.
- More then 12kms of tracks on the property, ideal for the training of endurance horses - galloping on 2km
- Wildlife and nature varied and preserved
- real garrigue with thyme and its herbs and bushes, totally unexpected here
- a richer soil and vegetation compared to the area and altitude
- pockets of sand with shells like on the seaside
- the olive grove which has been abandoned for 50 years gives every year more and more oil with the label 'vierge extra qualitÃ© supÃ©rieureÂ
- Water: There are 2 inexhaustible sources of which one is captured by a beautiful grotto. A well is feed by the river. Further the source is filling up a basin of more then 200m3. This water is used for the farming needs, so for the horses and irrigation.
- The buildings benefit from town water. There are 3 septic tanks with partly in need of work.
- Hunting on invitation
- species such as thyme, rosemary, lavender aromatic and medicinal plants
- Organic farming (vegetables, cereal etc.)
- Wine as it was a winery
- Equestrian center with horse riding tours and on-site accommodation
- GÃ®tes and B&B
- Events, weddings, seminars etc
The property is in very good condition. The Mansion has been renovated in 2007 as well as the attached GÃ®te. All original features are still in place and in very good condition, such as lovely floor tiles, fireplaces, wooden panelling etc. The bedrooms have nice oak floors and some have marble fireplaces. All bedrooms dispose of a TV, phone connection and wifi with enough further sockets. Electric heating, wooden joinery simple glazed, wooden shutters.
The apartment attached to the Mansion has the same beautiful oak floors and the bedrooms propose the same standing as in the main dwelling. The 3 bed apartment is in good condition, but would benefit from an upgrade of the shower room and some repaint. The last apartment is just about habitable for urgencies, it needs total renovation. Those two apartments dispose of a central heating by wood which can be switched to fuel. There are solar panels for the hot water.
The agriculture buildings are all in very good condition and sound.
A charming property surrounded by lovely countryside. This domain is ideal for a lover of country life with an equestrian business, GÃ®tes and B&B, a farmer or just for a luxury private use without any commercial background. There are plenty of completely different development possibilities or a mixture of them. Please donÂt hesitate to contact us to ask whether your project would fit this exceptional property.
(For more info. or to book a viewing - please complete...)
If you would like more help with your French property search, send us your wish list and we can request that our local agents send you personalised property suggestions.Your French Property Wish List
Why not set up a property alert? You will hear about new properties matching your search criteria when they are added to the website.Alert Me!